Wednesday, September 1, 2010
To gain attention in today’s business world you need to have something relevant, informative, and interesting to say. The days of banner ads are long gone. Content-based marketing will help you establish your name in the market. Here are the five steps to creating a content-based marketing campaign:
1. Know your audience--know their interests, care-abouts, problems, and issues.
2. Create a Mantra and a Message--boil your core message down to a few words
3. Create a list of topics --these topics address what you found in step 1. Focus on what your audience wants to read or know about.
4. Write about those topics in your blog -- you need to write consistently over time to establish a presence in the market.
5. Reformat the content for other purposes -- take the show on the road with presentations, articles, etc.
As you build out your content, you’ll also find you’re niche and your target audience will become more clearly defined.