There are several signs indicating the investor invested in the right startup. Here are my top five. The startup is:
1. Focused on core products and processes—you see a strong focus on the core product/service and everyone is pushing in the same direction.
2. Revenue and results—you see the team focused on revenue and hard results and not secondary metrics such as likes on Facebook or user downloads.
3. Customer focused – you see the team more worried about what their customers think than what their competitors think.
4. Numbers – the leadership knows their numbers well including sales, cash spend, and runway.
5. Updates and information—you receive updates and news that includes bad news as well as good news.